Working in Australia

As an international student, you may be eligible to work in Australia. Contact the Department of Home Affairs to find out what your working rights are, as there are different work conditions between visas. Look at your visa grant notice letter. If it says "work limitation", this means you have permission to work while you study in Australia.

If you are permitted to work on your student visa, you can't start working before your course starts. Another important condition of your student visa is that you can only work up to 40 hours per fortnight during the study period.  During your holidays, you may work as many hours as you like.

Some courses Axial offers feature in-the-field work experience. If vocational placement is required as part of your course, the placement hours are not counted towards the 40 hours per fortnight of work allowance.

For more information on the conditions of your student visa, please contact the Department of Home Affairs:
Phone: 131 881




This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.