The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 apply to the Axial Group of companies.
What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from very sensitive (e.g. medical history) to everyday (e.g. address, telephone number). It may include the opinions of others about your work or training performance (whether true or not), work history, qualifications, the results of pre-employment tests or training courses, and other information obtained by us in connection with possible work placements or anticipated training qualifications.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is placed in a special category. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinion or membership of a political association
- Religious beliefs or membership of a religious organisation
- Membership of a professional or trade association, or membership of a union
- Sexual preference or practices
- Criminal record
- Health, disability or medical assessment (at any time)
- Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Axial group will collect this information for its own use.The entities which form Axial are:
- Axial Group Pty Ltd
- Axial HR Pty Ltd
- Axial Training Pty Ltd
How will your information be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for employment or training purposes.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency, or any medical tests
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive complaint from or about you in the workplace
- We receive information about any workplace incident in which you are involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, criminal matter, inquest or hearing, registration or professional disciplinary matter in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
How will your information be used?
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your training registration
- Any test or assessment (including medicals) that you might be required to undergo
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance at work or during training
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Who may we disclose this information to?
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Axial
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in such a disclosure
- A Workers' Compensation body
- Regulatory bodies, government authorities or other person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Contractors and suppliers such as database and web designers
If you do not give us the information we seek...
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work or a training programme
- We may be unable to complete assessments or statements of attainment
What if your information is incorrect?
Subject to some exceptions set out in National Privacy Principle 6, you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that the information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that the information we hold is not accurate, complete and up to date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you to this effect.
Note: This is a generic Collection Statement. The different companies within Axial will each have an abridged version of this document.