MEM20205 Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
This Certificate II traineeship will give you the base level skills, knowledge and competencies required to work in an engineering workshop or factory.
MEM20205 Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology has been developed for those who would like to gain entry-level employment into the metals, engineering and associated industries.
Trainees who undertake this traineeship will be able to achieve outcomes based on the manufacturing, engineering, production and/or process industries. Trainees will primarily be engaged in production work, including the set up and operation of:
- Automatic, semi-automatic, single purpose and computer numeric (CNC) machines
- Production lathes, welding processes and major manufacturing production lines
- Monitoring, servicing, repairing and assembly of mechanical, fabrication, electrical and metal product machines.
|col a||col b|
|Study Mode||Workplace Training|
|Total Units||27 (9 Core units + 18 Elective units)|
|Duration of Course||Up to 24 months|
|Recognition||Nationally recognised training|
|Start Date||Enrol anytime|
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Metal Engineering Worker
- Engineering Process Worker
- Production Machinist
- Foundry Worker