CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
|col a||col b|
|Study Mode||Classroom and online training|
|Total Units||18 (15 Core units + 3 Elective units)|
|Duration of Course||12 months|
|Recognition||Nationally recognised training|
|Start Date||Enrol anytime|
Students will be required to undergo a ‘Working with Children Check’ and receive a positive notice and blue card (links below)
Information on working with children checks:
If the student is ineligible from applying for a blue card, they may be disqualified from being eligible to undertake placement and assessment, which would affect their course outcomes.
It is also recommended that all students should undertake screening for vaccination against the following Queensland Health Mandatory vaccination requirements such as:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- Varicella zoster virus (chicken pox)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
The student will be responsible for any costs associated with meeting these placement requirements.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Out of School Hours Care Assistant
- Family Day Care Provider
- Early Childhood Education and Care Assistant in long day care, childcare centres, occasional care
- Early Childhood Education and Care Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Preschool / Kindergarten Assistant
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day Care Worker
- Nanny in a Home Setting
- Recreation/Leisure Services Assistant.
- In Home Care Provider
Pathways to further study
If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into the following;
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care,
- Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management and related higher education degrees.