CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Your studies will prepare you for a job as an entry-level Care Worker and will train you to:
- Meet personal client support needs for older Australians, and those living with special needs.
- Tailor care for individual client needs.
- Communicate effectively and support clients living with dementia.
- Administer medications in the most responsible manner, complying with legal and industrial requirements.
- Navigate and work within the health and community care sector.
Axial’s qualified trainers will help students understand the theoretical and practical aspects of the course to support their success.
|col a||col b|
|Study Mode||Classroom and online training|
|Total Units||13 (7 Core units + 6 Elective units)|
|Duration of Course||12 months|
|Recognition||Nationally recognised training|
|Start Date||Enrol anytime|
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Direct Care Worker
- Home Help Worker
- Support Worker
- Respite Care Worker
Elective Units: Individual support - Ageing stream • Group A
Elective Units: Home and Community Stream • Group B
Elective Units: Ageing and Home Community Stream • Group C
Elective Units: Disability Stream
Pathways to further study
If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into the following;
- Certificate III in Disability / Home & Community,
- Certificate IV Ageing
- Certificate IV Disability
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Cert IV in Allied Health
- Diploma of Mental Health
- Diploma of Nursing
and related higher education degrees.