SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management provides apprentices with the industry knowledge and technical skills to carry out commercial cookery tasks in Australia’s hospitality industry.
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Target groups for SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management are apprentices who are:
- Seeking to pursue a career in the hospitality industry
- Seeking to pursue a career as a chef
- Seeking to enter a new industry sector
- Seeking a pathway to higher level qualifications
|col a||col b|
|Study Mode||Workplace & Online|
|Total Units||33 (27 Core + 6 Elective)|
|Duration of Course||Up to 24 Months|
|Recognition||Nationally recognised training|
|Start Date||Enrol anytime|
You will need to be at least 18 years old to apply for this course.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Commercial Cook
- Banquet Coo
- Café Cook
- Bistro Cook
Higher Level Skills
The Higher Level Skills program, funded by the Queensland Government, provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access subsidised training in selected certificate IV and above qualifications, or priority skill sets. You may be eligible to receive a subsidy towards one certificate IV or higher qualification from a list of subsidised courses. Visit the Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training website to see which qualifications and skill sets are subsidised under the Higher Level Skills program.
You can also download the Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training Higher Level Skills student fact sheet for more information.
Axial's Higher Level Skills Co-Contribution Fees:
The Concession fee noted above is for individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by either Centrelink or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
- Be a partner or dependent of someone holding a valid Concession Card.
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Please ensure you review our Higher Level Skills Refund Policy available here.
Faculties and resources
We are located in Brisbane and Townsville, Queensland, along the east coast of Australia.
Both of our campus locations are easily accessible by public transport, with a short walk to the central business district. We are close to major amenities, such as cafes, a library, restaurants & student accommodation options.
Pathways to further study
If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into the following;
- Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Catering Operations
- Certificate III in Baking
- Diploma of Hospitality Management